Effective: October 2019.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used for identifying a single person.
While you are not mandatorily required to provide personal information that we have requested, but, if you chose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to any queries you may have.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Fourth Frontier may collect and how we may use it:
Personal Information we collect
- When you purchase our product “Frontier X”- a Health & Fitness device, download the “Frontier X” application, connect to our services, contact us including by social media or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including but not limited to your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, device identifiers, IP address, location information, credit card information and so on. This information will also include profile information if contact is through social media.
Use of your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on our latest product announcements, upcoming events and software updates. In the event that you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt-out anytime by updating your preferences.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for anti-fraud purposes. We may also use your personal information for account and network security purposes, including in order to protect our services for the benefit of all our users, and pre-screening or scanning uploaded content for potentially illegal content. Where we use your information for anti-fraud purposes it arises from the conduct of an online transaction with us. We limit our uses of data for anti-fraud purposes to those which are strictly necessary and within our assessed legitimate interests to protect our customers and our services. For certain online transactions we may also validate the information provided by you with publicly accessible sources.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, to determine appropriate services and also to improve our services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of Fourth Frontier account holders with the intention of improving our services and products.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our policies, terms and conditions because this information is important to your interaction with Fourth Frontier. You may however, choose to opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Fourth Frontier ‘s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you apply for a position at Fourth Frontier or we receive your information in connection with a potential role at Fourth Frontier, we may use your information to evaluate your candidacy and to contact you. If you are a candidate, you will receive more information about how Fourth Frontier handles candidate personal information at the time of application.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Your personal information where it is not directly collected from you
We may have received your personal information from other persons if that person has sent you gift certificates and/or our Health & Fitness Device – “Frontier X”, or invited you to participate in services where our product “Frontier X” is made available, including various online forums including our website with respect to Fourth Frontier products and services.
Additionally, if you are a potential candidate for employment with Fourth Frontier, we may have received your personal information from third parties such as recruiters or external websites. We will use the personal information we receive to contact you about a potential opportunity or in evaluating your candidacy. If you did not provide us your personal information directly, we will inform you of the source when we first contact you regarding your candidacy. For research and development purposes, we may use datasets such as those that contain images, voices or other data that could be associated with an identifiable person. When acquiring such datasets, we do so in accordance with the law in force at the relevant time in the jurisdiction in which the dataset is hosted.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, collate, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where a Fourth Frontier product is used so that we can better understand customer behaviour and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our product - “Frontier X”, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results and information provided by our services. Such information will not be associated with your IP address except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your Health & Fitness Device – “Frontier X” and the relevant application in order to help app developers improve the App.
If in certain circumstances we combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
We gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to understand and analyse trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behaviour on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Fourth Frontier may use this information in marketing and advertising services.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Fourth Frontier may provide third parties with certain personal information to provide or improve our product and services, including to deliver products at your request, or to help Fourth Frontier market to consumers more effectively. When we disclose personal information to a third party, we require those third parties to handle it in accordance with relevant laws in force at the time. Personal information will never be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Fourth Frontier shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, providing customer service, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys and assessing your interest in our product and services. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Fourth Frontier operates.
It may be imperative by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities/ agencies within or outside your country of residence − for Fourth Frontier to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you, but only where there is a lawful basis for doing so, if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. This could include providing information to public or governmental authorities. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information that we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
We at Fourth Frontier take the security of your personal information very seriously and do everything within our control to ensure that there is no data breach of such personal information. When your personal data is stored by Fourth Frontier, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures.
When you use share some information on various web portals with respect to Fourth Frontier and/ or our Health & Fitness device -“Frontier X” which is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them, you are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when sharing such information.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Existence of Automated Decision-Making, Including Profiling
Fourth Frontier does not take any decisions involving the use of algorithms or profiling that significantly affects you.
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by signing in to your Fourth Frontier account page. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access (including a copy) for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Fourth Frontier is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We may decline to process requests that are frivolous, vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by law. We may also decline aspects of deletion or access requests if we believe doing so would undermine our legitimate use of data for anti-fraud and security purposes as described earlier. Request may be made to us at email@example.com for correcting or deleting inaccurate data.
Our Policies for Children
Fourth Frontier understands the importance of taking measures to protect children’s privacy. Persons under the age of 13, or any higher minimum age in the jurisdiction where that person resides, are not permitted to create accounts unless their parent has consented in accordance with applicable law. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under the relevant minimum age without parental consent, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Parents who have reason to believe that their child has submitted personal information to us and would like to have it deleted may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To provide location-based services on our Health & Fitness Device “Frontier X”, Fourth Frontier and our partners, affiliates and licensees, such as maps data providers, may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your application or device. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your devices’ approximate location. Such location data is collected anonymously, unless you provide explicit consent, in a form that does not personally identify you as a person and is used by Fourth Frontier and our partners, affiliates and licensees to provide and improve location-based services. For example, your device may share its geographic location with the “Frontier X” application when you opt in to the location services.
Third-Party Sites and Services
The Fourth Frontier website, product, App, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. We may also offer products or services from third parties.
Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties as privacy policies may vary from one entity to another.
We work hard to keep your data safe. We use a combination of technical, administrative, and physical controls to maintain the security of your data. This includes using Transport Layer Security (“TLS”) to encrypt many of our Services. However, no method of transmitting or storing data is absolutely secure. If you have a security-related concern, please contact us at email@example.com
Our Commitment towards Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to the Fourth Frontier Team and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
How to get in touch with Fourth Frontier?
You may also contact us at:
Fourth Frontier Technologies, LLC
11824 Jollyville road, Suite 102
Austin TX 78759, USA